I have been feeling like I need to write a post about what Edith is like (and what she likes) since it's been a while since I updated on her. I've been in the habit of doing these posts on Edith since she's the most recent baby, but I need to do it with the other kids, too. I often wonder what I was like as a kid-- I have my own memories, but I wish I had an adult's perspective on it to fill in the blanks. So, maybe I'll give a little update on the other kids in the next little while, too, so we can have a record of what the kids were like rather than just of what they do. I need to make more of an effort at that.
Anyway... what do we know about Edith?
- She loves, loves, loves the color blue. She has to have a blue straw to drink her green smoothie in the morning, picks the boxed food she wants to eat (cereal, crackers, etc) based on which has more blue on the box, picks books for me to read based on which book cover has the most blue.... There's definitely a theme here. She chose this fabulous outfit the other day, trying to make sure that every component contained the color blue. She was oh so disappointed that she didn't have a blue-containing-shirt in her drawer. I love this outfit so much.
- Edith is becoming better and better at riding her tricycle (and is happy to wear her helmet because it's blue). We have made it part of our daily routine to go for a morning ride as a consolation prize for not getting to go to school.
- We love what an adventurous eater Edith continues to be. She'll eat pretty much anything and loves foods that have lots of flavor. If there's a little spice involved it's even better. And if she gets to eat the food off of someone else's plate? That's the best.
- Edith is seriously obsessed with game playing. She'll never turn down an invitation to play, is often the one inviting people to play, and quite frequently is reduced to tears when the game playing has to come to an end. I know I've mentioned before how focused Edith is at playing games, but I've seriously never seen a two year old sit for as long as she can to play games-- hours on end. It's amazing. Oh, and she's good! (And she still doesn't like to have her picture taken when she's playing)
- Edith is so smart it's terrifying.
- She is a beautiful dancer and singer. Singing along with the radio is great, but Edith loves to jam with her dad-- her singing and him on guitar. Her off-the-cuff lyrics are the best.
- And every time Edith hears the song "Do You Know the Muffin Man?", she insists that yes, indeed, she does know that man. "Yes, I know him. I do. I know that man!"
- Now that she has been potty trained for a month, Edith has finally decided she wants to be a big girl. I accidentally referred to her as a baby the other day and she chuckled and shook her head at my mistake as she corrected me.
- I think I can't remember anything else at the moment (although I know there is so much more to write), so I'll just say that I think that Edith is the cutest and best big girl around.
We love you, Edith! Keep being you!