1. Soccer started for the kids, and this is great because:
- Ginger is really getting a grasp on the game and she's really enjoying it.
- Bud refuses to wear a headband when he plays, explaining that he runs so fast the wind keeps the hair out of his face. He's right. And his hair looks absolutely awesome streaming behind him as he runs. See?
- After years of waiting to play soccer like his siblings, Big is finally getting a chance to be out there. All I can say is that watching him play is a blast. His expression is just so darn joyous as he runs around. Really, that's the best word to describe the way he looks while he plays. It's fun to watch. Oh, and he scored a goal! I know this next picture isn't the best but, seriously, this is was the expression on Big's face for much of the game:
- When we got home from Big's game, Edith held on to the fireplace hearth and swung her foot at a ball saying, "Kick. Kick." It was adorable.
2. I turned in notice to Pen's ballet school to let them know she won't be returning after the spring performance. It's kind of the end of one chapter of her life and the beginning of a new one. Pen just really wants the opportunity to try some new things and ballet kind of took all of her time. I can't wait to see what she does in the future.
3. I enrolled Big for Kindergarten in the fall. It's not a job, but it will have to do.
4. I went on a date with my sweetie tonight. Since I won't see him for the rest of the weekend, it was a must. And it was good.
5. We survived another week!