Wednesday, July 15, 2015

And So It Continues...

Life just kept on rolling along after Father's Day. That's how it always seems to go. Edith uncovered a picture she drew for Bud's birthday but forgot to give him. At least I know I'm not the only one who forgets where she hid things. I absolutely love, love the pegasus. The wings are the best. 


Big discovered a new favorite chore: windows! He kept himself occupied for one whole day with it. He would be walking by a window and say, "Oh! I see some fingerprints!" and then go get the cleaner and a cloth. It was fantastic. One of our friends says she's going to hire him to do some work at her house and Big can hardly wait. 


My birthday actually fell in here somewhere. It's hard to believe I'm 44! Anyway, we had a lovely day. I was lucky enough to receive a fabulous picture from Edith:


Rophone got me the perfect socks to wear with my hiking shoes (my #1 wish for my birthday was socks). He also got me a cute skort. 


My sister, Art, had a friend make me some earrings shaped like the State of Oregon (I love them!), and I used some money from my mom to get a new hose and a sprinkler for the yard. 

The highlight of my birthday was the float party Rophone threw for me. He invited a bunch of friends over for an evening of floats (root beer, orange, creme soda, etc.). I don't have any pictures because I was too busy enjoying my party, but it was a lot of fun. So much so that we're going to throw another one soon.

My sister, Art, arrived with her two boys on the evening of my birthday! We were so excited to have them as our house guests. It was a great birthday, and I knew that Art's arrival meant that there was a lot more fun to come. And I was right! 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How totally fun! Happy birthday!!