Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Reunion: More Beach

As I mentioned in my first post about the reunion, I only hauled my big camera down to the beach on the first day. Nevertheless, I managed to capture some pictures with my phone that I absolutely love. I used my phone to take pictures of what went on at the houses, too. It really does come in so handy.

Just look how comfortable Edith was with the beach by Saturday afternoon! We had a blast.


We went on a lovely hike as a group on Sunday. It was a perfect little short trail that even the youngest could hike on their own. It was so shaded and beautiful-- exactly the kind of hiking I've been missing. I only took one shot on the hike because I was too busy trying to enjoy the scenery. I miss really big trees like this:


I also took a selfie of me with my niece after the hike while the kids played on the cool playground. I'm almost exactly twice as old as she is (her birthday is one day after mine). I just thought we both looked so glamorous that we should have our picture taken. Almost 21 and almost 42!


Rophone and I thought it would be nice to go for a walk on the beach as a family after dinner on Sunday night, but Pen and Bud declined the invitation. We headed out with the other 3 kids anyway, and I'm so glad we did. It was a beautiful evening. I loved relaxing as the sun moved progressively lower in the sky. 


These next photos from that evening are actually some of my favorite shots from the trip. And I took them with my phone!


I think that evening was one of the most relaxing parts of the trip for me. So nice.

I was really glad that our last day on the beach was misty and cooler. The really great, warm weather seemed so un-Oregon-coast to me. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I really adore how it typically is, too.


A lot of fun was to be had at the beach houses, too. 


A lot of games were played, but I think my favorite was the giant game of Scum. 


I'm not so sure that being King and getting to wear the crown was really such a prize...


And of course the family competitiveness bled over into a little ping pong action. 


While we were at the beach I was really hoping there was some way to sign on to spend the rest of my life there. It wasn't much of a hardship. There are much worse places to sit while you eat than that deck, that's for sure.


On to phase two of the reunion!

4 comments:

janeannechovy said...

Those sunset shots really are great. And R&T playing dominoes is just about my favorite.

patti's place said...

Great pictures and great memories. Oregon is a beautiful place and a great place to gather.

Jennifer said...

I love looking at all these pictures!!!! After you and I go to DC, let's go to the Oregon coast. AH!!!!

The Laundry Queen said...

Sounds perfect, jww!