Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Reunion: The Tide Pools

The morning of our first full day at the coast (Saturday) we all went to see the tide pools. It's something that none of my kids have experienced and I haven't done since I was a kid. I could hardly wait. 

It just took us a few minutes to figure out how to get down to them. While we waited for Google to do its trick, I took a few photos of everyone.



I figured out why Edith looks so concerned and uncertain in all of the photos I've been taking-- her eyes are super sensitive to the light. That's why she's always furrowing her brow and looking down, poor kid. I meant to buy her some sunglasses before we left on the trip, but couldn't find any that would stay up on her little nose. Just our luck that we discovered a pair that fit her sitting on the ground. They still don't stay up perfectly, but luckily she can just press her fingers directly on the lenses and push them back up.



The climb down to the tide pools was pretty steep and treacherous (especially since I was carrying Edith), but so worth it when we got down to the bottom.



The tide pool creatures were really neat and the surroundings were beautiful. Not such a bad way to spend a morning.



I had such a great time and I know my kids did, too. I'm glad the family reunion gave us the chance to see it all. It was great to be there with my brainy siblings who know what everything is called, too. Tide pooling is definitely something that I plan on doing again. 

2 comments:

patti's place said...

Great capture of a fun event!Can you send me the boiler picture?

Jennifer said...

AW!!!!!! LOVE THIS!!! Tide pools are the main reason I cannot call just any place with water and sand "a beach." A beach has LIFE. (The sandy area at Lake Michigan is just never going to be a beach to me. Ever. No matter how many other people call it that. It is NOT a REAL beach.) This looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! The starfish are just gorgeous. My favorites. :)