Thursday, March 27, 2014

My March Madness

I must have been completely mad to put off posting for all of March. What was I thinking?? And, of course, the longer I put it off, the less I wanted to tackle the task ahead of me. Well, now I'll just have to catch up. I'll do this post of my phone photos and then a couple of other posts with photos from my real camera. Guess I'd better get to it.

I always make sure to save the towel and washcloth folding for when Edith can help me. She is turning into such a pro. This time we when we were folding, we were talking about our upcoming move. Edith said she would really like to move into a castle, but that a house would be okay, too. When I asked her if she knows who lives in castles she told me she didn't. I explained that princesses live in castles and she responded, "Well, I guess we'll be moving into a house, then."

Look at that folding technique:



I ended up home alone with Bud one Thursday late afternoon. It was so relaxing and nice. Even though he kicked my tail at Rack-o.



The next afternoon we needed to be out of the house while they conducted the inspection and Rophone had the brilliant idea to go bowling. It was so much fun. Definitely something we need to do more often. Edith thought it was so cool that we both had shoes with flames on the sides.



There's pretty much nothing better than a lazy Saturday morning after a busy week, don't you agree?


Edith and I are just doing what we always do for the most part, but sometimes she really wants me to take pictures of it all. She was super happy on this trip to the bread store, probably because it was finally a warmish and sunny day after some rotten weather. I'll admit that some days I really crave some alone time, but on days like these I don't know what I'd do without Edith around. Life would be such a bore.


I love how the workers can't resist giving her ginormous bread samples. They think she's adorable and love the fact that she always says 'please' and 'thank you'. I'd give her a big sample, too.



Un-hinging her jaw…



We're definitely back into tricycle riding weather again (on most days-- it's snowing and raining today). The bumps in the road made by tree roots make the rides more fun.


And we're glad to have a cute neighbor friend who loves to ride up and down our driveway with Edith. Friends are the best.


The pesky leprechauns came on St. Patrick's Day again. Thank heavens they kept things pretty mild-- balls in the fridge, bananas in the toaster, socks on the table, stacks of books, etc.


The Binky Fairy finally came for Edith. I didn't get any pictures, but Edith happily set the binky out for the fairy before she went to bed and was excited about the puzzles and stuffed alligator she received in return. Edith was definitely ready to move on. Yesss!

Edith still adores the unicorn she got for her birthday. It makes having to wait in the car for her siblings to come out of school way less boring when she has Gracie along.


Edith has gotten into writing books lately. Here she is reading me chapter "F" from her new work (a real page-turner):


Rophone continues to be the best dad I know. I'm so glad he's mine. He plays game after game of Memory with them even though he hardly ever wins. Talk about a good loser.


And then to play Big Bird and Smurf afterward? The best dad.


When the weather was nice a few days ago, Edith (pretending to be Megan) and Big went outside to play together while I got some things done in the kitchen. They ended up playing football, with Big acting as her coach to help her with the fundamentals. I was doing dishes by the open window, cracking up as he tried to show her how to snap the ball, pass the ball, punt the ball, etc. Big was getting more and more frustrated at Edith's inability to do exactly as he was instructing her, finally busting out with a passionate pep talk that started, "Do you want to be a football champion, Megan??" Awesome.


I love my family so much. Keeping up with this blog helps remind me just how good my life really is. So happy about it all.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How great. I love your blog, too. All of the moments you share here are so sweet and fun.