Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Little Post

This is just a quick little post covering what we did in the week before we headed to Arizona for Thanksgiving. The next few posts will be long, so prepare yourself! :)

We had promised the kids that we would take them to see 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' at the dollar theater, so we decided we'd better do it before it left the theater. It was Edith's first time going to a theater to see a movie, so I had to make sure to document it. The kids were super excited.


It was going great at first. But, I have to say, I don't know who it is that decides that a before-movie trailer "is appropriate for all audiences". Some of them were way intense and pretty violent, which kinda freaked Edith out. And then I didn't realize that the movie we were seeing was actually PG, or I wouldn't have taken Edith. Anyway, she and I ended up in the lobby about halfway in. I must admit I was pretty bummed to miss the movie because I was really enjoying it, but I'm also not too keen on scarring my children. So, the lobby it was. 

But then I went ahead and scarred Edith further anyway. I guess a dark photo booth when she was already frightened probably wasn't one of my brightest ideas, but I thought it might cheer her up! Yeah, I was wrong. Sorry, Edith, my bad.


A few days before we left to go to Arizona for Thanksgiving, I took Edith out for what I thought might be our last tricycle ride ever. She's getting too big for the trike, and the weather was really getting chilly. As usual, she had an absolute blast. I just can't get enough of watching her ride.


Edith is like me and can't stand to be cooped up inside all day, so I think our tricycle rides are rejuvenating for us both. I'm kind of sad to know that it's the end of an era, but I know she'll love a balance bike. I'll be sure to take photos of that, too, of course. Thanks for all of the rides, Edith!

No comments: