Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Dueling Baptists

Okay folks, it's time for another installment of The Dueling Baptists. There was a brief lull in the duel as the churches gave some sign time to their various summer activities, but now they're back at it. Battling for good.

I was really hoping to come up with some sort of witty commentary to accompany these photos, but the signs are really witty enough on their own. We'll just let them speak for themselves.

In the red corner...


and in the pink corner...


I absolutely love the second one. I think I have to award the victory to the pink corner this time around-- maybe the way they compared God to Bounty just spoke to the housewife in me or something.

5 comments:

CarrieMarie said...

those are great! keep 'em coming! : )

e. said...

"Dueling Baptists" is my favorite feature.

For some reason when I first read the "Bounty" one, I thought it was a reference to Dog the Bounty Hunter. I was a bit let down when I figured out they were talking about paper towel.

The Laundry Queen said...

That's hilarious, pixie! I totally thought the same thing.

Siggy said...

I love that you blog about them...I was driving past the other day and laughed so so so soooo hard!

Jennifer said...

Hey, just checking blogs after a month of NOT. Still love the dueling baptists. They're so hilarious. The Captain Tornado pictures were hilarious too, but only because he commanded them. They were really good, though, too. :) And so happy that Bud is loving gymnastics. It's so fulfilling to watch your kids excel at something that has such great benefits for them. That is awesome. So happy for him (& you)!