Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School!

School started up again last week. Pen and Ginger started on Wednesday, and I could see immediately what a better fit this school is for them. It made me realize that even though the move was a pain and Rophone's work situation didn't work out the way it was supposed to, this is the right place for the girls to be going to school. Already they are more challenged so they feel more excited about where they are and what they're doing. Good things.

I really can't believe that Pen's in 6th grade and that Ginger is in 3rd! Here they are before heading out for the first day:


Friday of last week was Bud's first day of preschool. Talk about a kid who was ready to be off on his own. When I dropped him off there was no nervousness on his part. No clinging. In fact, he dumped me at the door to his classroom so fast that he didn't even say goodbye-- just a vague wave over his shoulder in my direction.

I'm glad. Really. That's what I've hoped for and how I've tried to raise him. Ever since his gymnastics class earlier in the summer, Bud's confidence level has been shooting through the roof. It's great to see.


We can't wait to see what the new school year brings-- what the kids learn, how they grow and mature... bring it on!

No comments: