Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Talking to Big

Big and I talked and talked this afternoon. He really enjoys the time we have alone while Bud's in school. Part of today's lunchtime conversation made me laugh. 


Big: "What do rabbits eat, Mom?"


Me: "They eat lettuce, carrots, radishes, and things like that. They love raw vegetables."


Big: "Ewww! That stuff is yucky!"


Me: "Well, rabbits like it."


Big: "What do donkeys eat?"


Me (answering as Big gets distracted by something): "They eat hay and oats and stuff like horses do."


Big (in complete shock): "They eat horses?!?"


I clarified, which made him feel better. 


Big: "What about goats? What do they eat?"


Me: "They eat pretty much anything."


Big: "Anything?"


Me: "Yeah. You know, they like grass, garbage, even hats."


Big: "Of course they like hats. They like to put them on their heads."


Talking to Big is always fun. 


Then he started calling me Gordon.

6 comments:

CarrieMarie said...

I love the way kids think!

e. said...

Gordon... or Flash Gordon? Rad.

e. said...

ps - bring back dueling Baptists.

The Laundry Queen said...

e.-- I've been trying to bring back dueling baptists, but since we moved I've been unable to find two baptist churches that put messages on their signs. The two I mostly used before were only a block away from each other, so I think they had a bit of a competition going (which was lucky for me). I will continue my search, though. I miss it, too!

I might just make my own signs, but that would probably alienate my neighbors. ; )

Jennifer said...

Hilarious! :)

Anne W said...

Dear Gordon: Hahahahahaha!