Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chivalry Can Hurt

Big was so excited that the whole family was going to church on Sunday for Edith's blessing. When we got out of the car, he rushed to hold my hand and help me across the parking lot. As we neared the other side, Big told me he loved me, glanced down at my shoes and exclaimed, "Those are cute shoes, Mom! They look really good on you!" He continued to admire them for a moment as we walked (understandable, since they are cute shoes). I thanked him and then promptly walked his head straight into the side mirror of a car. Oops.


On Monday, while I was at the back doctor with Bud, Rophone finally got a chance to take Big to get his hair cut. When they got back I noticed that there was a big rectangular notch cut out of the center of his bangs. I asked him if he had a hard time holding still and he replied, "Well... my body was moving around, but I sure wasn't doing it!" Hmmm. At least he can see again.


Then, on Tuesday, Big walked up to me with big stickers covering his arms and asked, "Don't I look more like a basketball player, Mom?" I guess that's his version of getting tatted up.


Gotta love that kid.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hilarious!! (Sorry about the head bonk, though. Ouch!) Your kids are so funny!