Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend Funnies

I don't have a single photo to post from Thanksgiving. Nope. Not a one. The meal was fantastic, though, if I do say so myself. I especially liked the cauliflower brussels sprout gratin that I made. Brussels sprouts are Rophone's favorite vegetable, so I was trying to find a way for him to get his favorite, but yet have him not be the only one to eat them. It was a fantastic dish. You can find the recipe here if you're interested. 


Oh, I guess I did take this picture on Thanksgiving day, but it's not of anything Thanksgiving-y.





But it's still kind of nice. 


As usual, my kids provided ample entertainment. The day after Thanksgiving we were enjoying lunch as a family, having a great time, when suddenly Big looks at me and says, "Hey, Mom! Ask me, 'So, Big, how are your Cheetos?'" Apparently he was feeling left out of the mealtime conversation. Sorry, Big!


Oh, and in case you're wondering, his Cheetos are good.


Then I stumbled across this doodle of Ginger's. 





Bud thinks that it's a Martian in a dress. That's why abstract art is so great. It can be interpreted in so many different ways! Yup. Just because I only see one thing doesn't mean that someone else can't see something completely different!


Big is really into role playing these days. He pretends to be Grizzly Ted the school bus driver from The Berenstain Bears while he drives me around in our love seat. He pretends to be Cousin Freddie when he plays catch and Brother Bear when he plays baseball. (Can you guess what his favorite show is?) But, his favorite role to play is that of his daddy. He becomes Daddy and Rophone becomes Big.


The thing that is amazing about when Big does his role playing is his ability to stay in character-- for hours on end sometimes. He gets so frustrated with my inability to remember to call him by the proper name. He just continues to remind me, and I try to get it right. 


Today at lunch, Big (playing the role of Daddy) volunteered to say the prayer. It went something like this--


"....We're grateful for this day. Please bless that Daddy will drive home safely..."


(Then, as an aside to himself)-- "Oh, wait, that's me!"


"...Please bless that I will drive home safely..."


Praying that Rophone will drive home safely is something that Big always does, even if Rophone is with us as he was today. It's just hilarious that he stayed in character even while he prayed! 


No one ever said he was a normal 2-year-old, most certainly not me. Man, I love that kid!

1 comment:

Tamsen said...

Hilarious. And I love that he likes the Berenstain Bears. My kind of kid.