1. We got a huge snowstorm, which meant that the two youngest got out of school a day early (a decision that was made after it took Rophone an hour to get back from taking Pen to school) and we got an extra day off with Rophone. Not having to do the morning routine is great.
2. Rophone and I celebrated our 16th anniversary on Wednesday. It has been a fabulous 16 years with someone I love and admire. He makes me feel special. I can't wait to see what we can do together in the future.
3. We have a rule that the house has to be clean before Santa will come, so things are looking pretty good around here. Just a few more things to do.
4. I got my hair cut yesterday. I always feel better afterward.
5. I am really excited about our big Christmas Eve dinner tonight. We are breaking the tradition of having a big turkey meal (none of us really like the turkey part anyway-- the only reason I do is for the gravy to go on all of my favorite parts) and we're having those nummy Swedish meatballs Ginger and I made after Thanksgiving last month. Maybe it will be our new tradition. It's fun to be on our own so we can do things like that.
6. I made sugar cookies with the kids today. Well, all except Big-- he decided that he would rather help his dad take the trash and recycling out. It's a work guy thing. (He did manage to do one cookie after he played catch for a bit)
7. Tomorrow is Christmas.