This week has gone by so quickly-- I can't believe the kids will be back in school in just a few days.
1. Christmas. What more do I need to say? We managed, somehow, for the second year in a row, to have one of those Christmases where every cent was well spent. No buyers remorse, no feeling that we spent money on something that didn't go over well or we didn't really need. No ridiculous impulse buys. What a good feeling.
2. We got more snow. It can be a pain to drive in, but it covers up the yucky brown winter terrain that we get around here. If I can't have green, I'll take white.
3. I have been able to nest a bunch this week. There's still so much to do, but I'm glad Rophone is willing to help with the things I can't do.
4. I got to have lunch with a dear friend on Tuesday. I was so glad to finally meet her fiance and loved seeing her little baby bump. She's 39 and pregnant like me, and she looks beautiful. I am so happy for her.
5. We had a Mouse Guy come out today and I feel so much better. He was able to reassure me that we don't have hundreds of horny, procreating-at-the-speed-of-light mice in our walls. I feel confident that we will be on top of our mice problem in no time at all so I will feel some peace of mind and be able to focus on this baby. We are even taking steps to block access points that should cut down on any problems my folks may have in the future.
6. I have 4 mostly fantastic kids and a fabulous husband. What a bore life would be without them.
7. I'm going on a date with that fabulous husband tonight. I love having in-house baby sitters!
Happy New Year!