1. Pen spent the first 3 days of the last week of June at a dance camp. Spending 12+ hours a day dancing and bonding with her team made her really happy. And exhausted. It was great that she got to have the experience and I was happy for her.
2. I continued to get my butt kicked at boot camp. I can tell that I'm getting firmed up and in better shape. Exciting.
3. Rophone was able to take the day off on the Wednesday before we left for the family reunion to help organize and pack. It was fantastic! And almost unheard of. It seems like the day/night before most of our trips he is having to work long hours to finish a project so we can leave. It was so weird not knowing what he had packed for himself to wear since I'm usually the one who packs for him. I even found myself worrying about wether he had packed enough socks and underwear. I'm happy to say he did just fine. I think I'd like to give him that sort of independence again.
4. The family reunion at the ranch was crazy but great. It was a lot of time outdoors in the sun at high altitude, so we were all pretty darn pooped by the end. Pooped, but happy.
5. Monday was my birthday! The big 4-1. I'm not too stressed about my age since people still seem to express extreme shock and disbelief when I tell them how old I am. I guess if that ever changes then my attitude about the whole getting-old-thing might, too. I started the day off with some fabulous morning snuggles from the little kids (and Rophone, of course)...
and then later Rophone threw together a fabulous little party with the family that was in town. It was a fun celebration. Ginger and my dad picked up a few decorations that really made it feel more like my birthday.
Rophone and the kids gave me a copy of the book I made of my Challenge photos (sooo excited to finally have this!), Rib and Jazz Hands gave me some of my favorite hand lotion, Art and her family gave me a couple of my photos all framed and ready to hang, and my folks gave me a purse. Put that together with Martha taking me to lunch and gifting me with some earrings she made... it makes a girl feel loved.
6. Oh, and we got home from the family reunion and I had an email letting me know that Rophone was one of 10 closest guesses on how many coins were in an estimation jar, thus winning
7. We had a great family gathering for the 4th of July. I took a lot of great photos, so I'll probably have to do a separate post on it. Even though the OCD in me is a little bothered by the fact that the posts will be out of order, I just don't have time right now. I'll learn to be flexible and you will, too.
8. Rophone had an entire week off and just returned to work yesterday. I loved being with him for so many days straight.
9. My sisters, Martha and Art, helped me pick out some glasses and sunglasses yesterday. I can't wait until they come in. I'll post pictures when they do.
10. I took Bud and Ginger to the eye doctor today and neither of them need glasses. Bud let me take a picture of him in some 'practice glasses', though. It made my day. I love that he can joke around and find humor in the same types of things I do.
11. Martha organized a potluck picnic in the park for family and friends tonight. It was great to see old friends that I don't see nearly often enough. I think I'll have to remedy that.
Phew! A great two weeks, I think!