Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Favorites

1. Saturday I made apricot jam with my mom and sister, Art. I've been eating it on toast all week-- well worth the effort, I must say.




2. We have spent a lot of time this week with my brother, Rib, and his family. It has been great to see them. 




3. Sunday night we went over to my folks' house to roast s'mores with the cousins. It was a lot of fun. 




4. On Monday, we went on a halk (hike/walk) with all of the family that was around. It was a lot of fun. The halk was just the right length for the little ones and the reward of playing in the falls at the end was perfect on such a hot day.



(I know it may seem like I gifted you with probably too many photos, but considering I took about 450 shots... well, I think I was being nice.)

5. My dad's birthday was on Wednesday so all of the adults went out to dinner to celebrate. The adults. No kids. Heavenly.

6. Some games were played in the evenings this week. I love playing games. 

7. I commissioned a friend to make a quilt for Edith. It came the other day and when Edith saw it I thought she might explode with excitement. She really loves it and I do, too. Can't get any better than that.


8. Rophone got off work early today (fantastic, of course) and we were able to go get some much needed shopping done. My new glasses and sunglasses came in, so we picked those up while we were there. I'm still getting used to them, but I really think I like them. And it is sooo nice to finally have sunglasses again (I tried them out even though it's rather overcast today-- it still helped). I took a rather unflattering photo of myself in the glasses, but you'll have to remain in the dark (ha, ha) about what the sunglasses look like. I'm too lazy to go get my purse.

1 comment:

patti's place said...

It was a great week and always nice to have family around with whom to enjoy it.