Tuesday, July 3, 2012

16 Months with Edith

Edith is getting to be so big! Her vocabulary continues to increase and it takes her no time at all to tell us what she wants with the new words she learns. Smart girl. She is still quite the little mommy. It seems to come rather naturally to her. 




She really loves to read....



...play basketball...


...and her shoe obsession continues.


Speaking of obsessions, I have noticed that Edith loves to make sure things are in order. Give her a bunch of bottles and she will arrange them and rearrange them, trying to get them just right. Not that she gets that from me or anything...


Edith has gotten over her fear of sitting on the potty, thank goodness. I was afraid that I had scarred her for life. Her favorite part, strangely enough, is getting her bum wiped. But, hey, I'll let any part of it be her favorite as long as she'll sit there (well, except for unrolling the whole roll of toilet paper-- I'll never let that be her favorite part).


It's looking like Edith might end up being a lefty like Big. Guess we'll see how it goes, but she definitely uses her left hand more than her right.


Edith has started air drumming along to music and makes sure that everyone else does it along with her. She is quite insistent about it, chanting the non-participator's name until they join in. It's really hard to turn her down. 

It's really hard to deny her anything, really. I mean, she's awfully persuasive in her arguments and look at that face!


Happy 16 month, Edith! We love you!

4 comments:

patti's place said...

She's a real cutie and will give you a run.

mk said...

She is so precious!! I can't wait to see her in person.

John R said...

She really brings a strong influence in a quiet sort of way. She can really communicate with her eyes (looks).

Jennifer said...

What a sweetie. I'm all for arranging things, too. :) And my oldest is a lefty, too, so I'm all for it! Such great photos, too!!