Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bud Performs

Bud performed in his school's Oral Language Festival tonight. I was so proud of him. He did such an incredible job. I know how nerve wracking it can be to get up in front of people, and I know that it's something that makes Bud nervous, so I was super impressed that he kept so calm and didn't stumble or forget any of his lines. 

Instead of just picking a short poem, Bud chose to memorize and recite the humorous children's book, "Falling for Rapunzel" by Leah Wilcox, in its entirety. He managed to perform it with humor and wit that elicited chuckles and laughs from the audience. I loved to see how he beamed every time what he said garnered a reaction. It really was so much fun to see. Bud was super happy that along with his dad and me, his grandma and auntie Opera were able to come, as well.

I have really enjoyed seeing Bud blossom this year, what with presenting his Great Brain Project, and now the Oral Language Festival. His teacher this year has been such a perfect fit for him and it has allowed him to stretch his wings. I sure hope Bud chooses to perform in the festival again next year, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for him. Good job, Bud! We love you!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

THAT'S SO GREAT!!!!! WTG, Bud. Wish I could have heard it. Sounds so fun.

janeannechovy said...

Super awesome! I love the idea of an Oral Language Festival. Wonder if I could find someone else to run it, though.

Sue said...

This is so cool. I love him wearing the little microphone (I have one just like it at school).