Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Slacking Off

If any of you, my faithful readers, are still around, I'd like to apologize for slacking off on writing blog posts. There are many reasons for this decline.

Firstly, you'll have to admit, I kind of started out like a bull rushing the gate-- can anyone really be expected to keep such a pace indefinitely?! In some months, the number of posts exceeded the number of days in the month! Can you say "overeager"? Just a tad, perhaps.

Secondly, my life seems to be a heck of a lot more boring these days. Maybe the kids aren't being as fun or as cute or maybe it's just my perception of it that isn't the same. Anyway, there just doesn't seem to be as much going on.

Thirdly, I have entered the world of facebook. Maybe if I didn't spend so much time trying to think of witty "status updates" and comments about what my friends have posted, I would be thinking more about what I should post on my blog. Plus, I no longer have to write a whole blog post about something that can be taken care of with one little status update. Yes, it's quite likely that facebook is evil. It's just so nice to be back in touch with old friends!

Fourthly, (and I think this is truly what is causing the decline in posts) I am in a mental funk. I had several Laundry Queen-shaking experiences last year which I thought would fade from memory and eventually cease to bother me. Well, I was wrong. Nagging self-doubt has reared it's ugly head, and doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. The whole experience has left me feeling mentally checked-out and I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

I'll work on getting more posts out there for you to read, unless of course those of you who follow a gazillion blogs (you know who you are) are more happy with my current output, then I'll re-think the matter.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Mental funks SUCK!! Sorry you're going through one right now.
A friend gave me a quote once from one of the church leaders, I can't remember who though. Anyway, It helps me out a lot, hopefully it will help you too:
"All the strength you will ever need is within you now. It was put there by your Creator who knew very well what you would face in this life and made you equal to it."

The Laundry Queen said...

Thanks, Laura!

janeannechovy said...

I'm always happy to read what you write, here or on FB. Yes, mental funks suck, but mean people suck, too.

SassyMama said...

All right... I'm offended.

You have been on facebook and haven't looked me up????!!!! I suppose since I haven't looked you up I can't complain. A friend request coming your way.

Bummer 'bout the funk. Hoping you find your feet again soon.

Lisa Marie said...

As you know, I am, likewise, in a blogging decline for very similar reasons. However, even though I'm one of those freaks that keep tabs on numberous blogs, yours is always my favorite to read. That said, I'll hunt you down if you don't keep posting. Don't think I won't....