Sunday, May 30, 2010

Right On Track

Ginger is giving track a go this spring. I am a firm believer in introducing kids to as many activities as possible early on-- that way they don't focus on just one thing too early, and if they do eventually decide to do so I won't feel as though they are making an uninformed decision. It's kind of the same reasoning behind trying to get my kids to try new foods-- they might be missing out on their new favorite food. I don't want them to miss out on their new favorite sport. 


I don't know that we'll ever be doing it again, so I made sure to take a few pictures at her last meet. Ginger's really enjoying it, though, so you never know.


One of the races Ginger ran was the 100 meter dash. It was hilarious. The gun went off and almost immediately the girl in the lane next to Ginger cut into her lane, disrupting Ginger's momentum. So I have these funny two-girls-racing-in-one-lane pictures. See?



Pretty funny, huh? I have to admit to being glad that they had to rerun the race due to the timer not registering the gun at the start. And the girl made sure to scoot over an extra lane so as to stay out of Ginger's way. I think she was afraid she might drift again.


One good thing about Ginger not being terribly fast is that it allows for unobstructed pictures for the most part (unless someone decides to share a lane, that is). I mean, she really is pretty quick, but I think that right now her concentration is all going to her form. In these photos you can see that she's really working on it. I imagine that once it becomes second nature that her speed will pick back up.




With that girl giving Ginger an extra lane between them, it's almost like she's not there. 


Almost.


2 comments:

janeannechovy said...

Omigoodness her hands! I am so laughing, at that and at how she looks more and more like Rophone all the time.

Jennifer said...

GREAT pictures!!