This week was kind of just the usual. Sort of. Nothing too exciting happened, anyway. Let's see...
1. We went for a nice walk/bike ride on Monday. I really enjoy strolling around the neighborhood with my family.
2. We had parent/teacher conferences for Bud and Ginger this week. They are both doing really well-- I was especially pleased that Ginger has made an improvement in her scores. That kind of thing always makes me happy. Bud's teacher thanked us once again for 'letting Bud have the first grade experience'. It makes me laugh every time she says it, and now I guess we need to figure out what to do with him next year.
3. We have been having great, spring-like weather. Pair the great weather with early dismissal all week and it means the kids have been spending a lot of time outside. It makes me feel good when my kids are out doing fun, exercise-like things in the out of doors. Waaay better than sitting around like lumps inside.
4. I spent a gazillion hours scrubbing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees yesterday. It really wasn't very clean when we moved in and all my mopping and general cleaning hasn't made much of a dent. So, it was finally time to roll my sleeves up and get down to business (and Edith is finally at an age where I thought I could more easily devote the time needed). Anyway, after 4+ hours my body is sore and my knees are bruised but I have a floor I feel much better about. It feels good to get things done (I just need to remind myself of that every time I don't want to do something).
5. Edith is so dang cute. I really am glad she decided to join the family. I love to watch her and enjoy her fabulously funny and strong personality. I think it's hilarious when she wags her finger at me and tells me what's what, but I sure hope she grows out of it by the time she's a little older.
6. I have been enjoying mocha hot cocoa again this week. It's nice to have it back in the house.
That's really kind of it. Yeah, ho-hum. Sorry.