Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Eggs Dyed

My two younger sisters, Auntie Opera and Auntie Art, came over this morning to dye Easter eggs with me and the kids. It's something we all enjoy, so I made sure to hard boil a bunch of eggs (we dyed 50, actually-- if you're feeling a little woozy or light-headed, just come open my fridge and take a whiff. It'll snap you right out of it!).

We had a lot of fun, and Auntie Art snagged my camera to snap a few photos of the event. Here's Big having a little bite to eat while he had an egg soaking in the yellow (he did a lot of yellow eggs and let them soak for a loooong time. I think he wasn't exactly sure why we thought it was so much fun, but he went along with it):



Just ignore the fact that I'm in this picture. It was the only one in which Ginger was in focus.



Here is a small sampling of the eggs we dyed:


We had such a good time and I think the eggs turned out absolutely fantastic! (Now I just need to figure out how to eat 50 eggs without getting sick of them. Or sick for that matter!) Thanks for coming Auntie Opera and Auntie Art!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love the eggs!! So beautiful! Looks like so much fun! :)