Monday, April 27, 2009

Wind Power

I took the boys for a walk this afternoon like we usually do, but today we decided to go a new area in the neighborhood. We don't usually go where we did today because there aren't any sidewalks, but we decided to walk on the lawns of our nice neighbors to see what we could find.

At one point, Big kept lagging behind. I soon realized it was because he was blowing at this giant pinwheel in an effort to get it to spin. No matter that it was all the way across the street. Big was determined.



I set the boys in a tree to try and take a few pictures, and Big continued to blow his heart out:


Yep. Still blowing.


Then the funniest thing happened. Just as Big blew, a gust of wind came up and made the pinwheel spin! This is the look on his face when he saw what he thought he'd managed to do:


Oh, how it made me laugh. A little farther on in our walk we came upon another, much smaller, pinwheel. Big decided to unleash his amazing wind power on it, too.

The wind had died down by then, so the kid huffed and puffed to no avail. He seemed a little puzzled as to why he couldn't get it to go, but I'm sure he'll try again another day. And I'll pray for wind when he does.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you captured that totally pleased-with-himself expression. It's priceless. Thanks for sharing your walk.

Jennifer said...

How cute! What a great expression! I also like the one of the two of them together. What a cute little story. :)