I can't believe that I forgot to do this yesterday! The week has been a little off, and I was trying to maximize my time with Rophone yesterday since he's gone all weekend, so a day late will have to do.
1. Big was really great this week. He's just so happy to have his sister, Edith, here. I hope the transition from being the youngest to being a big brother continues to go so well.
2. I took Edith to the doctor on Thursday for a weight check. The good news is that she gained 4 ounces in the last week, the bad news is that it was a 24/7 endeavor to get that. There's no way that I'll be able to keep up that pace just to make sure she gains weight every week. I tried to nurse her while we were there, and after the doctor saw how much pain Edith is in and how difficult it is to get her fed they decided to add Zantac to go with the Prevacid she's already taking. A very good thing, it seems.
3. Now that Edith is on Zantac, feedings are better and she can do tummy time without screaming in pain from the pressure on her tummy. Hallelujah!
4. I was getting sad about how little Edith was smiling because of the pain she was in, but now she's smiling more (and so am I!)
5. Because of the super long hours Rophone is working this weekend (bah) and a few long days during the week, he was able to take Tuesday and Friday off to hang out. Hopefully he'll be able to do the same next week.
6. Rophone and the boys ran some errands yesterday and when they came home they brought me some tulips. My favorite! They just wanted me to know they love and appreciate me. I am so happy that Rophone is raising our boys to appreciate the women in their lives.
7. We have had some good weather days this week so the kids could get in some good outdoor play. They are so much happier when they get to run around outside. I got out a little, too. Just sitting in the sun for a bit was a great stress reliever.
8. It has once again been reaffirmed to me that I am lucky in love. I am married to my best friend. What could be better?