Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Favorites

This past week has been a good one. Here we go...


1. The 3-day weekend-- gotta love those.


2. We got to hang out with Rophone's family on Sunday. It doesn't happen nearly often enough, and it was great.


3. Edith rolled over from front to back on Memorial Day. I'm pretty sure it was a fluke (she hasn't repeated it yet), but I'll take it. Now I just need to write it down in her baby book.


4. I got my haircut! It always makes me feel good, although the verdict is still out on the new 'do. After the cut, Rophone, Edith and I went to Whole Foods. We got a vegan burrito to share as a snack while we were there and it was nummy! And, as a bonus, the guy making it wasn't usually a deli worker so he made the burrito HUGE. We were even too full for dinner later (After a shared burrito! That tells you how big it was.)


5. Rophone got our online recording school website up this week!!! We haven't had the money to pay a web guy, and so we've been relying on the services of someone Rophone works with on occasion who said he would get our site up for a percentage of the profits. Now 2 1/2 years later.... kinda tired of waiting, here! Anyway, Rophone had been doing research periodically to see what was out there that would be within his technical capabilities and would do everything that he wanted it to do, but there wasn't anything. Until about a week and a half ago, that is.  Thanks Wordpress! The website may not be what we initially envisioned, but it's up! Our future starts now...


6. It's been great having the kids out of school. Ginger is super at keeping the boys entertained, and having the older kids around has allowed me to take a few naps this week. And Pen watches Edith while I shower. Maybe I'll never let them go back to school.


7. I finally kicked my cold and was able to meet my sister's twin boys last night. They are so cute (and so little!). Hopefully they'll be able to come home this weekend.


8. It's almost the weekend again! Yay!

7 comments:

Laura said...

That's a lot in a week! Whew!

I'm very interested in the vegan burrito you got. :-) Whole Foods, you say? What was in that yummy concoction?

patti's place said...

Isn't it great to have such a good week and so many good things to be thankful for. Glad that the children are so helpful.

The Laundry Queen said...

Laura-- the burrito... let's see... black beans, brown rice, vegan tinga (seasoned "meat"), lettuce, Daiya cheese, tomato and avocado in a tomato basil tortilla. Num!

janeannechovy said...

Indeed a banner week. Awesome!

Tamsen said...

Lots of great things! Really excited for Mike and the website. I hope all your dreams come true. :)

Laura said...

Thanks! I'll have to give the combo a try. :-)

Jennifer said...

Hooray! Great week. I'm glad the older ones are so helpful with the littler ones now that school is out. That is huge. And good luck with the website!! I hope it... you know, rocks. :)