1. I finally installed the pads on the front of the scary fireplace. Hopefully it will keep Edith from marring her pretty face or chipping any teeth. On the edge anyway.
2. My sister, Auntie Opera, came to hang out with us on Wednesday. We took the kids on a fun hike up the canyon. The weather was great and the kids had a great time with their aunt.
taken by Pen
I wish we could have hiked for longer, but Edith was getting ready for a nap.
3. We have really been enjoying being together as a family for the long weekend.
4. I cooked a marvelous Thanksgiving feast yesterday (if I do say so myself). Turkey, gravy, cranberry, cornbread stuffing, orange mashed potatoes, peas, rolls... I haven't eaten like that in a long time. It tasted great, but I'm glad it's not something that we do very often.
5. This morning we went bowling. We started the tradition last year, and I'm sure it's one we'll continue. It was perfect and a total blast. I love how seriously Bud takes it, and how Big raises his arms in victory when he gets even just a few pins, and how Ginger looks like the ball is going to rip her skinny little arm off, and how Pen runs up to the line with the ball to release it. It's just fun!
Last year we went in the afternoon and it was a bit busy, so this year we went right when they opened at 10 am. Going during black friday shopping was definitely a good idea-- the bowling alley was a ghost town. Just the way we like it. We're definitely going at the same time again next year. I can't wait.
6. I'm eating leftovers today. Not much work and so nummy. Yay!
7. I'm watching Big air drum right now. Totally awesome. It makes me smile.
8. I can't wait to have fun for the rest of the weekend. I'm going to go do that now.