Wednesday, April 4, 2012

First Piggies

I put Edith's hair up in pigtails for the first time ever today. I didn't have any of those little clear elastics that are perfect for a baby's hair, but I made do with what I had. Even without the little clear elastics, I think Edith looked darn cute. So cute, in fact, that I can't decide which of the bazillion photos I shot should be included in this post. You might have to look at half a bazillion. Clearly, I have a problem. 


It's not just me, though. Edith thought the baby in the mirror looked cute, too. I was amazed that she sat perfectly still while I yanked ever so gently on her hair-- she usually doesn't hold still for even a minute. Even though Edith has cowlicks all over and I did this trial run with dry hair, the end result looked good enough for Edith to clap with glee when she saw herself. "Pretty!", she said.


I enlisted Edith's help to take down snowflakes from the front window. Once I saw her at work, I just knew I had to take her picture. It's not my fault I took a bazillion. I couldn't fight the compulsion. Here, see for yourself:



Not that she stayed focused on the snowflakes for long...



...the fancy chandelier caught Edith's attention...




... and Edith sings some mighty wicked backup-singer 'oooohs'.




Then she had to take some time to play with cars. She loves them, you know.




Okay, Edith. Time to get back to work. 




I just can't get over how cute (and old!) she looks in pigtails! Look, look!




Okay, Edith. I get it. I'm done now. 


(But, so cute!!!!)

3 comments:

Laura said...

DARLING photos!!

Jennifer said...

They ARE cute. Love the piggies.

patti's place said...

She does look very cute! And such a helper?