Friday, September 26, 2008

Mistaken Identity

I have started to wonder about Big's eyesight. In the past few weeks, he has identified Billy Blanks (of Tae Bo fame), the "Chocolate Santa" in my sister's Christmas picture and Will Smith as being Rophone. In each instance, Big pointed to the person pictured and said, "DADA!", and kept insisting even when I denied it (over and over and over). 

Those of you who know Rophone are aware that he is about as far from being African American as you can get (although Rophone claims that Big must just be able to see all the way into his soul), so I find this quite funny. 

I didn't find it quite as funny when, yesterday, Big pointed at a picture (a very small one, I must say) of George Bush and said, "MAMA!". Maybe it's time for a new haircut.

3 comments:

Becki said...

ha ha you make me laugh. My nephew who is the same age, says only dada about everything he likes or wants. Otherwise it is pure giberish. It is great that "big" is verbally communicating at all.

Jen said...

Maybe it's the ESSENCE of the person/thing he's looking at that reminds him of you or your hubby. Does that make you feel any better?

Babs said...

OK, i laughed my head off at this.