Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Breakin' the Law

Sunday night, I was going through my "wallet" (I use the term very loosely as I don't have a true wallet-- just a zippered pouch thing) looking for something when I happened to take a glance at my license and saw something that made me gasp aloud (no, not my picture!).

I can't believe it! I have been Breakin' the Law, a la Judas Priest! As of my last birthday, my license is expired! (hopefully no local cops read my blog) So, today the morning will be spent at the DMV trying to once again become the law-abiding citizen that I am.

It shouldn't be too tough, considering the test is open book. Yes, I said open book! No wonder people complain about the drivers here-- none of them have ever had to learn the rules of the road!! Too bad everyone didn't get the chance to take Driver's Ed from the venerable Mr. Bates as I did. What an experience!

Well, I'm off to the DMV (crossing my fingers as I drive there without a valid license). Wish me luck!

**Edited to add: I ended up not having to take the test because my license had been expired less than 6 months (hooray!). The best part is that the small town DMV I visited had no wait, so it only took me 20 minutes or so (because I write so slowly). 

I made the mistake of wearing a blue shirt though, quite close to the color of the photo background, so my new license picture looks rather like my head and neck are just sprouting from nowhere. But at least my forehead isn't blindingly shiny like in my last photo. (I know, like anyone really cares!)

1 comment:

Pat H. said...

I'm so glad you were prompt so that I didn't have to turn you in.
Dum da dum dum . . . dum.