This hasn't been so bad, the whole being thankful thing. It has been nice to sit and reflect each day on the things I'm thankful for, especially when the day wasn't going so well. It looks like maybe I'll have to keep it up on fridays with 'Friday Favorites'. It will be good for me.
1. I am thankful that we got to spend Thanksgiving as just our little (not so little?) family today. We love our extended family, but it was nice to celebrate the holiday with a bit less chaos. It allowed us to really just enjoy being together without distractions.
2. I love that when we went around the table saying what we're thankful for, the kids didn't struggle to come up with things. I wasn't sure how successful we were until tonight, but I'm thankful Rophone and I have been able to raise kids who are grateful for what they have. I even loved how Big was thankful for things he doesn't have, but is obviously hoping he'll get for Christmas. I guess he's being grateful ahead of time (it's nice to know I'm raising an optimist).
3. I am thankful that we have 3 more days together as a family before the work/school grind starts again.
4. Rophone knows me so well, and I'm thankful that he still likes me anyway. It's really nice to have someone who understands the way I tick.
5. I am thankful for when the kids are unhelpful (believe it or not), because it reminds me to show appreciation for the times when they are helpful. (Not that I really wouldn't mind a little more equity between the two...) It's the whole 'pain helps us appreciate joy' thing.
We had a great Thanksgiving and we hope that all our loved ones did, too! Happy Thanksgiving!