Sunday, November 28, 2010

Still Suffering

Apparently the kids still haven't recovered from the number of pictures I snapped last year during The Challenge. They seem to be suffering from some sort of post-traumatic stress. I thought that maybe the first big snowfall of the year would put them in the mood, or at least distract them enough to not notice my camera. 


Not so.


My attempts at taking photographs were greeted with looks of barely-there tolerance...




...looks of disgust (I think the trauma gave her a bloody nose!)...




... sobbing, tearful, 'no's....




... and begging screams of 'no'...




They blocked my lens, treating me like they think I'm paparazzi slime.




It really hurt my feelings. 


I think we may all need therapy.

6 comments:

t0moo said...

new word: mamarazzi

Pat H. said...

Visiting my mother a few days ago, I got the same sentiment. Mom is in the last stages of Alzheimer's, and is barely coherent, saying little more than yes and no, yet as I held her hand, she got agitated, and said, "Don't take my picture!" It's been a long time since I've taken her picture, so "No problem, Mom".

CarrieMarie said...

aww! leyton gets into those moods, but then 5 minutes later he's asking me to get the camera out & take pictures of this or that.

also - *cyber-stranger-hug* to pat & pat's mom. alzheimer's is the most horrible disease out there, imo.

John R said...

Great pictures though, keep it up. I think they watch each other and "do as I do" becomes the game.

patti's place said...

I really enjoy your great pictures and a little connection with home. That's funny what Tomoo said...mamarazzi. Love it! Love you!

Jennifer said...

LOL (And I love the new word "mamarazzi!!!")