I have been thinking for a while that I need to change my perspective on life-- to focus more on the positive and less on the negative. So, for the next 5 days until Thanksgiving I will list some things I'm thankful for.
I kind of stole this idea from a friend. I say 'kind of' because she is doing it for ten days and lists 10 things a day, but I'm just doing it for five days, listing 5 things each day. Clearly, I'm an underachiever.
Baby steps, people.
1. I am thankful that I have a husband who works so hard.
2. I am thankful that the kids have played mostly-well together for most of the day, thus allowing me to recoup from overdoing it working in the yard yesterday (3 hours for an old pregnant lady took its toll).
3. I am thankful for Big's obsession with worker trucks-- it provides endless amusement for all. Did you know that Big has promoted Rophone to cement truck driver in his future construction company? Obviously, he loves his daddy.
4. I am thankful for this new baby we're having.
5. I am thankful for hopes and dreams.
Every friday, this same friend lists her 'Friday Favorites' so she can remember what has been great about her week. Maybe if the next 5 days go well, I'll copy her in that, too.
I just want to make sure this poor holiday isn't overlooked, so I'll try to be better at celebrating it year round. That ought to do the trick.