Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Favorites

I just remembered to do this-- good thing it's Friday for another hour around here, otherwise I might have felt some guilt.


1. The kids didn't have school on Monday, so we were able to enjoy a 3 day weekend as a family. We took it pretty easy since Rophone only got out of the hospital on Friday, but it was still a lot of fun. 


2. Rophone didn't return to work until Wednesday, so I got an extra day with him once the kids returned to school. I like hanging out with him.


3. We went on a little family "hike" this afternoon and had a blast. I call it a "hike" because the trail was paved and wasn't very long, but it was perfect for Rophone and his vow to not overdo. The kids got to play at the base of a waterfall and Edith loved watching them. I dipped Edith's feet in the ice cold water and got quite a reaction. It was a lot of fun. I can't believe I forgot my camera, though, so it looks like we'll have to do it again soon so I can document it. 


Now I just need to gear up for a busy weekend-- Pen will be 13 on Sunday!

3 comments:

CarrieMarie said...

happy birthday pen!! : )

patti's place said...

Glad you got out to enjoy the fall beauty and I can't believe that we'll have another teenager in the family.

Jennifer said...

I'm glad Rophone is doing better. The hike/walk sounds nice. Happy BD, Pen!