Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Favorites from a Swiss Cheese Brain

Edith is still miserable as she works on getting her top front teeth. Sleep isn't going very well for her, which means it's not so great for me, either. It has turned my brain to swiss cheese so I have no idea what I did this week. Can I be done now? No? Okay, let me think...

1. We went as a family to Nordstrom to get Pen fitted for a bra. It was stellar. I know I'm such a mean mom, but I loved every minute of it. Ginger and I admired all the cute bras and talked about which styles Ginger might like to get someday (she was bummed she's not at the point to be measured yet), Rophone scoped out cute things for me, and the boys counted all the different animal prints (17 cheetah, 3 zebra, 8 leopard....). We all had a ball and Pen was mortified. 

I'm not really mean enough that I meant to do it that way, but Nordstom is closing up shop in our town and the bra fitter I use there is fantastic-- since we were at the mall it just made sense to get it done. I loved that all most of the kids were so comfortable with it all, and even Pen loosened up eventually and was glad I took her to such a fabulous woman to get her taken care of. I just love that our family can even have a great time together while we shop for bras.

2. Bud is still having a blast doing art. He is so comfortable in the art world. I'm sad he only has one more day before the session ends. I love how when he gets to do something independently his confidence just blossoms. He is proud of all of the art he has created and I can't wait to put more of it on display.

3. On Wednesday the computers were down at Rophone's work, so he came home for the day at about 10 am. I had just finished eating my last bite of breakfast (I never seem to get a chance to eat earlier than that, but I wish I could) when we were surprised to hear the garage door opening. Big exclaimed, "Dad's here! He's home for lunch." I yelped, "But I just finished breakfast!" Thank goodness Rophone was actually home for the day. I think I could get used to a 2 hour work day. We took Big and Edith and ran some errands and really enjoyed being together. It was fabulous. 

4. Because Rophone worked last Sunday, he was able to work only a half day today. This has been a great week for some together-time. I could sooo get used to it. 

5. While Ginger was at a birthday party tonight Rophone and I went on a quick (and free!) date. We just can't seem to get enough of each other. That's a good thing, by the way. 

All in all, it was a fabulous week. What I can remember of it anyway. 

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hahaha, love the bra scenerio!

patti's place said...

You paint very vivid word pictures!

Jennifer said...

Sorry about the swiss cheese brain--I'm like that, too, lately and I don't have a baby. I know what you mean about not getting enough of each other. That is the best. I actually loved the 6 months that Kevin was out of work for that very reason.