It has been an interesting week. Let's see what we can find.
1. We started the process of getting things organized to move some kids around. Edith has been in our room since birth and it's waaay time for her to get her own room. Plus, it just feels good to go through things and get organized.
2. The art center I'm putting together is a big hit. The kids have been having fun using it and I've been enjoying having my kitchen table back. I can't wait until it is really organized and done.
3. Rophone's grandma passed away on Monday at 105 years of age. I know this probably doesn't seem like it should be a favorite, but Grandma GiGi just hasn't been herself for a while and really wasn't enjoying life much. So, I say this is a favorite because I'm so darn happy for her. I know she's better off and that she's with people she loves. Will we miss her? Sure. But we've been missing who she was already and this isn't really about us. I know this is best for her, so it's a favorite.
4. We attended a funeral this week for someone who left the earth earlier than we had hoped. Not a favorite, but it has caused us to reflect and helped us appreciate. Always good things.
5. Edith was doing squats tonight, saying 'stand up' and 'down' as she did them. It makes me feel a little like I should be working out, but so dang cute.
6. I got Edith to eat a little bit of ham and turkey lunch meat for dinner. Welcome to protein, baby! I'm hoping this will help her sleep a little better. Now if only she'd get those darn teeth...
7. I love my kids. Really, I do. I know this sounds a little like I'm trying to convince myself, but let's just say I'm glad we all made it through the week. It's something to be celebrated sometimes, I think.
8. I have a fabulous husband. I love him lots. He makes me feel like everything will be okay and with him at my side I believe him. I like that.