Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Belated Friday Favorites

I had so much going on this week. Nothing wrong with a few days late, I say. 

1. I love watching my kids play. Way to lift the pipe with your mobile crane, Big!



2. Last weekend, Rophone and I celebrated our 18th Anniversary. I wrote a little bit about it here. We were able to spend quite a bit of the day together, going to lunch and buying the last few little things we needed to tie up Christmas. The best part about the lunch was that they had some problems with the credit card machine so we ended up getting a gift certificate, good for what will amount to a really nice dinner. For free. That made us feel like we could go out again to another place later for an inexpensive dinner. It was so nice to be together to celebrate our special day.



3. I love the Holidays. Christmas Eve was great.

4. Christmas was so fantastic, too. I love the traditions we participate in as a family. 

5. The most amazing thing that happened this week is that Rophone and I got to go on a getaway. I can hardly believe it really happened. In the 14 years since we have had kids, we have gone away once (6 1/2 years ago, for two nights). Going away again was long overdue, and it was heavenly. My lovely mother watched the kids while we were gone. Thanks, Mom! We really focused on the food. So, so good. We also made it a goal to reconnect on a deeper level again. I'm happy to say the mission was accomplished. I sure do love the man. 



6. Something so awesome happened this week-- my sister, Opera, flew in from NY with her main squeeze. It was a totally spontaneous, surprise to her and us, trip. They got to spend time with my Mom and the kids on Thursday (and even shoveled my driveway and walks of the about one foot of snow that dumped on us-- so pretty!), and then Thursday evening we met up with them and my other sister, Art, and her husband. So, not only did I get to be on a getaway, but I got to enjoy an adult evening out with my sisters, too! Bonus!



7. When we returned home on Friday we got to hang with my sisters again for dinner and some game playing. It was so great to be together. The game playing included a little German, since Opera's man is a native. I love that Art has been working on it with an app for her phone. I love my family.



Such a great week!

4 comments:

patti's place said...

Nice! Tired!

janeannechovy said...

Wish we could have been there!

Tamsen said...

All wonderful things! So glad you got away with your sweetie. We sure missed you on Christmas Eve/Day/week! Love you.

Jennifer said...

Definitely a great week!!! WONDERFUL!! Happy anniversary--we did a getaway, too (our anniv. is the same week as yours), so I especially *GET* what you're talking about. I'm amazed at how rejuvenating only 24 hours together can be. It's like I can breathe again.

What a fun time with your family, too!!! :)