Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Close, but No Cigar

*WARNING* The following post contains pictures and content of the potty variety! There is nothing graphic, but if this type of post will offend your delicate senses, PLEASE do not read! Wait until the next post to get your Laundry Queen fix! ; )

Tonight at dinner, Big told me he needed to go poop in the potty. I was a little surprised, since he's only sat on the potty a couple of times to try it out, but what the hay? So, I put him on the potty to see what would happen. We spent about 10 minutes trying out different methods, hoping for success.

Meditating with our eyes closed:



Attempting to relax it out:



Extreme concentration:



Even a little "eee-yaw" grunting:



And....yeah, I'm not sure WHAT he's doing here:


Despite all our efforts, Big got off the potty about 10 minutes later without experiencing success. Oh, well. About 5 minutes after getting off the potty, however, he presented me with a present in his diaper-- SO close, but no cigar. At least he seems to be grasping the idea of the whole thing, now we just need to work on the timing. 

4 comments:

t0moo said...

Not offended, but feel sorry for Big to know that pictures future for blackmail have been taken...

Laundry Queen has reasons other than telling lies about toes and eyes for ending up in Hell.

The Laundry Queen said...

I knew you would say something like that, t0moo, but embarrassing my kids is in the job description. Maybe these photos will be part of a slideshow at his 18th birthday party....

t0moo said...

No, I'm thinking wedding dinner...

Jen said...

Is there light at the end of the tunnel? That would be amazing, wouldn't it? Gid teased me for a while when Eli potty-trained, then stopped when the novelty wore off. Oh well.