1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! Gift bags are only for emergencies-- like when you're buying the gift on the way to the party because you forgot all about it.
2. Real tree or artificial? REAL, REAL, REAL!!! I will admit to having used a small artificial tree once out of necessity, but touching an artificial tree really gives me the heebies. Plus, I make homemade gingerbread to put on the tree and the fresh cut tree/gingerbread smell combination is heavenly! Not quite the same with a fake tree, obviously!
3. When do you put up the tree? Mid-December.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day, or the next (depends on how lazy we are).
5. Do you like eggnog? Oh, yeah! I have to "water" it down a bit with milk, though.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A desk when I was 10 (I think) and there were things in all the drawers. I was especially excited about the 22 caliber shells for target shooting!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband, Rophone. All the stuff he really wants is way out of our budget, and I can't seem to pick much that he likes even after 14 years of marriage! (Shopping just isn't my gift!)
8. Easiest person/people to buy for? My kids!
9. Do you have a nativity set? Nope.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I believe in the paper version, although since my Palm fried and lost all of my addresses (no, I wasn't smart enough to have them backed up!), I am struggling to find the motivation to send them this year. ALL of those addresses need to be re-gathered.... ugh.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't really recall any bad ones. I was always SO well-behaved! ; )
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The original, claymation, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually the beginning of December-- let's give Thanksgiving some attention!
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The traditional turkey dinner, followed by left-overs of course!
16. Lights on the tree? Is this a rhetorical question? WHAT?! Of course!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home! Once, Rophone and I traveled (by plane) from Phoenix to Portland for Christmas. With all the delays, it took us 15 hours to get there! And, they lost our luggage both ways! Needless to say, we have made the decision to stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course, but if I list them then the people I tag will be able to cheat!
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? As a kid, we always opened one on Christmas Eve, but Rophone and I don't do that... there are never so many gifts that we feel we want to "waste" one. Plus, the anticipation is most of the fun!
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The Holiday traffic! If people were courteous, it wouldn't be so bad. It just seems like everyone thinks that where they're going and what they're doing is more important than what anyone else is doing. See, annoying!
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't really have a favorite. I buy ornaments on vacation sometimes, and I love the ones the kids make. (Of course there's the white felt circle with my 7th grade school picture on it that the kids always insist on placing front and center). I love the smell of the gingerbread men I make.. it just isn't the same without that smell.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? For everyone to be healthy and happy and just to enjoy being together.
My good friend, Lima, who tagged me, had #14 missing from her list-- I seem to be missing #15! (Yeah, I'll wait while you scroll up and look) I was going to tag #15 but he was too fast (and I felt bad that he is the # most often forgotten by children when they count to 20), so I'll tag YOU instead: jwise, Tamsen and janeannechovy!