Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Big Growth Spurt

Rophone bought me a new fridge a few months ago and I have really been enjoying it. I have found that the french door style really fits my current needs. Big loves to be with me in the kitchen while I cook.  His favorite spot is standing at the front of the fridge hanging on to the freezer drawer handle.  The handle allows him to throw his head back to look at the ceiling and also the stability to bounce up and down without falling over. What joy!

I think the best part about my new fridge is that I can open the doors to retrieve things while I cook without having to worry about Big climbing in to get at things and having to move him out of the way so I can shut the door again. I was just thinking a few days ago how great it was that the doors skim just above Big's head, so I don't have to displace him at all to get things done.

This morning, as I set about making banana blueberry muffins for breakfast, Big came in and took his spot at the freezer drawer.  I turned to open the fridge door to get eggs and milk, excited not to have to move Big out of the way.  I pulled the door open and... THUNK! The bottom edge of the door hit Big smack in the middle of the forehead!  Oops. I had been telling Rophone this morning that I thought Big looked bigger. I guess I was right.

Taking pictures of the kids is something I love to do and I'll probably post a lot of them on here.  I hope you don't mind.  




Big was a little blue this afternoon.  Rophone had to work and Big missed him terribly.  Here he is looking out the door hoping for his return:


5 comments:

Fishing Gpa said...

Great post. He must be getting "Big"ger, eh? I love the pictures and the updates on what is happening. I remember your brother growing 1 1/4" in about 6 weeks one time, when he was about 14. It might have been faster than 6 weeks but we only had the 6 weeks since the last measurement. See you all soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad--you're on blogger now! That means you'll have to start commenting on my blog, too.

The kids look great. Can hardly wait to see you in person!

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista said...

Your kids are adorable! You take amazing pictures! That's something I wish I could do better. Don't know if it's me or the camera (perhaps both)

Janeanne sent your blog to me, well actually to Natalie. It's great to check in with you after all these years. I look forward to peeking into your life again.

Krista

The Laundry Queen said...

Krista--it is great to hear from you! I am glad you are enjoying the blog and am always happy to receive comments (especially when they are as nice as yours!), I have always loved taking pictures and hope to become good at it. Maybe I'm on my way! I hope you will continue to read the blog and enjoy it!

--Laundry Queen